Stereoscopic Player Version History
Version 2.5.1 (November 29, 2019)
- Added option to change the folder playback sort order
- Changed: Migrated C# code from Visual Studio 2017 to Visual Studio 2019.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.73.1.
- Fixed deadlock when format selection dialog is opened while the player is in the background
Version 2.5 (October 16, 2018)
- Removed support for Windows XP.
- Changed: Migrated code from Visual Studio 2015 to Visual Studio 2017.
- Changed: Migrated code from .NET Framework 4.0 to .NET Framework 4.7.2.
- Changed: Migrated installer from WiX 3.10 to Wix 3.11.1.
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.71.
- Fixed DLL pre-loading vulnerability in the installer.
Version 2.4.3 (January 6, 2016)
- Added a new 'named devices' effect type in effect files.
- Added support for Philips Hue.
- Added the following new OLE Automation commands:
- Added the following command line parameters:
- -nologo (replaces -nl)
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.66.
- Changed code signing certificate.
- Fixed crash on Windows XP.
Version 2.4.2 (September 17, 2015)
- Added: Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Thanks very much to Anan.
- Fixed crash on Windows Vista introduced in version 2.3.3. The compatibility
issue with Windows XP, introduced in version 2.4.1 cannot be fixed yet
because it is caused by the Visual Studio 2015 compilers. On Windows XP,
please use version 2.4.
Version 2.4.1 (September 10, 2015)
- Changed: Migrated code from Visual Studio 2013 to Visual Studio 2015.
- Changed: The LAV Video Decoder replaces the Microsoft DVD/DTV Decoder as
preconfigured DVD decoder.
- Changed: The LAV Splitter Source replaces the MediaLooks MXF Source as
preferred MXF splitter.
- Fixed: 30 fps and 48 fps DCPs are played too slow.
- Fixed: Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are reported as Windows 8.
- Fixed: Volume is zero at first use.
- Fixed: Entering product key fails with certain Windows region settings.
Version 2.4 (June 18, 2015)
- Added support for Art-Net and ESP Ethernet-to-DMX interfaces.
- Added support for multiple instances of serial ports and DMX interfaces.
- Added GetEffectControlByteStreamOutputEnabled and SetEffectControlByteStreamOutputEnabled
OLE Automation commands.
- Fixed broken effect control feature.
- Removed GetEffectControlSerialOutputEnabled, SetEffectControlSerialOutputEnabled,
GetEffectControlUDPOutputEnabled and SetEffectControlUDPOutputEnabled OLE Automation
Version 2.3.7 (May 5, 2015)
- Fixed: Left/right reversed for separate left/right MP4 files.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Version 2.3.5 (March 28, 2015)
- Added 21:9 aspect ratio menu item.
- Added DirectX exclusive mode option for quad buffered DirectX mode.
- Fixed playback of High 4:2:2 and High 4:4:4 profile H.264 files.
- Fixed deadlock in quad-buffered OpenGL mode.
- Fixed: Number keys on the number block do not jump to playlist items.
- Removed: 'Do not use DirectX exclusive mode' troubleshooting option. The
option had no effect since version 2.2. The exclusive mode preference can be
set on the viewing method tab instead.
Version 2.3.3 (December 23, 2014)
Version 2.3.2 (December 2, 2014)
- Migrated the setup to WiX (Windows Installer XML).
- Added the .NET Framework 4 to the installer.
- Added LAV Filters to the installer.
- Added: Application is added to ffdshow whitelist.
- Added: Oculus Rift SDK updated to version 0.4.3.
- Added: Signed installer and executables.
- Fixed: Audio stream selection for MKV files.
- Fixed floating window in quad buffered DirectX mode.
- Fixed zooming in quad buffered DirectX mode.
- Fixed several issues with Oculus Rift DK2.
- Fixed crash when using the -termend command line parameter.
- Changed: LAV Filters are preferred over ffdshow.
Version 2.3.1 (September 21, 2014)
- Added: Oculus Rift SDK updated to version 0.4.2.
- Changed: Last frame of the previous playlist item is displayed instead of
black while loading the next playlist item.
- Fixed: Resolution is changed to 720p in Intel stereo driver mode.
- Fixed: Windows Media files with many black frames deadlock.
Version 2.3 (August 21, 2014)
- Added Blu-ray subtitle support.
- Fixed: Some *.ssif files stop within the first few seconds of playback.
- Fixed: EnterFullscreenMode OLE Automation command does not work.
Version 2.2.9 (August 8, 2014)
- Added '2D and Depth, Inverse Depth' and 'Depth and 2D, Inverse Depth' layouts.
- Added -itx, -ity, -ivl and -ivr command line parameters to specify the number
of horizontal and vertical tiles for tiled input layouts as well as the left
and right tile to be used for stereoscopic playback.
- Added: Enabled 'File|Export|Still Image' for still files.
- Fixed: Oculus Rift output on AMD GPUs does not work.
- Fixed: Still export failed for '2D and Depth' layouts.
- Fixed: Parallax adjustment distorts images using one of the '2D and Depth'
- Fixed: Incorrect output of multi-view viewing methods after number of input
- Fixed: L/R is reversed in the Sharp 3D Display viewing method, the red bar
is too high and should be displayed in fullscreen mode only.
- Fixed: Flipping options have no effect as long as playback is paused.
- Fixed: Generic Single-Viewer Display viewing method does not work.
- Fixed: File|Exit closes fullscreen window instead of terminating the player.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
Version 2.2.8 (June 24, 2014)
- Changed: Migrated code from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2013.
- Fixed: Deadlock in OpenGL mode on AMD graphics cards.
- Fixed: Installer error on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Raw H.264 support does not work on Windows XP.
Version 2.2.7 (June 6, 2014)
- Added support for raw H.264 files (*.264, *.jsv, *.mvc).
- Added 'AVC/H.264 Stream Reader' categories to the preferred filters configuration.
- Added support for new file suffixes for layout auto-detection:
- -lrh: Side by side, left image first, half width
- -rlh: Side by side, left image first, half width
- -tb: Over/under, left image top
- -bt: Over/under, right image top
- -tbh: Over/under, left image top, half height
- -bth: Over/under, right image top, half height
- Added 'View|Zoom|Center Image' menu item. It also resets the headstracker
in Oculus Rift mode.
- Added 'View|Viewing Method Options|Use Head Tracking' menu item.
- Added: Updated the German translation.
- Fixed: Desktop sometimes remains in 3D mode after using quad-buffered DirectX.
- Fixed: Playback of non-seekable files fails.
Version 2.2.6 (May 21, 2014)
- Added mk3d file extension in open dialog.
- Changed: 'Enter fullscreen mode after open' option goes directly into fullscreen
mode when a file is opened via a command line parameter without the main window
popping up before.
- Fixed fullscreen deadlocks on Windows XP.
- Fixed cursor in quad-buffered DirectX mode.
- Fixed other cursor issues in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed issues in NVIDIA 3D Vision mode.
- Fixed GPL MPEG Decoder deinterlacing mode auto configuration.
- Fixed playback on GPUs with low memory (low resolution mode).
- Fixed: Shortcuts of hidden menu items still work.
Version 2.2.5 (May 5, 2014)
- Fixed still image export when playback is paused.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
Version 2.2.4 (April 23, 2014)
- Added: Fade effect between images.
- Added: Support for 8-tile format.
- Added: Ctrl+mouse wheel or left mouse button+mouse wheel zooms the image.
- Added: Right mouse button+mouse wheel seeks forwards/backwards.
- Changed: Alt+mouse wheel instead of Ctrl+mouse wheel seeks forwards/backwards.
- Fixed: Over/under viewing methods display the left image only.
- Fixed: Images are displayed at wrong positions after switching between side-by-side
and over/under viewing methods.
- Fixed: Wrong toolbar position when maximizing main window.
- Fixed: Parallax of MPO files is sometimes wrong.
- Fixed: Incorrect output when switching between stereo and multiview methods.
- Fixed: Crash when changing deinterlacing.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
Version 2.2.3 (April 15, 2014)
- Added: DeepStream 3D viewing method.
- Added: Floating window option in the settings dialog.
- Changed: Limited width of toolbar.
- Changed: Do not show toolbar when mouse moves very slowly.
- Fixed: Wrong stereo mouse cursor parallax in horizontally squeezed modes.
Version 2.2.2 (April 10, 2014)
- Added: Fullscreen toolbar spacing from screen border to avoid window violations.
- Added: Floating window support.
- Added: Floating Window menu.
- Added: Stereoscopic Mouse Cursor menu (for fullscreen mode only).
- Added: User Interface Size menu (for fullscreen mode only).
- Changed: Viewing method options moved into submenu.
- Fixed: Left backbuffer not cleared in OpenGL mode.
- Fixed: Several minor bug fixes.
Version 2.2.1 (April 8, 2014)
- Added: Hint text in the black main window when the image is displayed on
the fullscreen monitor.
- Added: Doubleclicking the black main window exits from fullscreen mode.
- Added Bulgarian translation. Thanks very much to Maksim Parushev!
- Fixed: Broken still image support.
- Fixed: Multiview viewing methods do not work.
- Fixed: Oculus Rift headtracking not working for still images.
- Fixed: Stereoscopic mouse cursor does not disappear in fullscreen mode when
- Fixed: Swap L/R does not work in paused state or for still images.
- Fixed playback of separate left/right files.
- Fixed: DVD menu buttons cannot be clicked.
- Changed: Modified graph building algorithm that avoids reconnections of
the renderer filters.
Version 2.2 (April 4, 2014)
- Added: Toolbar in fullscreen mode.
- Added: Option to disable toolbar in fullscreen mode.
- Added: Option to enter fullscreen mode after loading a file.
- Added: Stereoscopic mouse cursor in fullscreen mode.
- Added: Option to change the user interface size.
- Added: GPU acceleration for anaglyph modes.
- Added: Head tracking for Oculus Rift.
- Added: Correction of chromatic aberrations for Oculus Rift.
- Changed: New toolbar buttons and new user interface design.
- Changed: Completely rewritten the rendering engine.
- Changed: StereoProcessor.dll replaces Stf.dll and Srd.dll.
- Changed: Moved DVD subpicture decoding from the video decoder to the Stereo
- Changed: The Stereo Renderer DirectShow filters connects directly to the
decoders, without an inbetween Stereo Transformation filter.
- Changed: The window size is not changed anymore when loading a video.
- Fixed: Imprecise mouse-based DVD navigation for PAL DVDs.
- Fixed: Wrong aspect ratio in side-by-side and over/under fullscreen modes
under Windows XP.
- Removed: GetAutoSize and SetAutoSize OLE Automation commands.
Version 2.1.4 (March 17, 2014)
- Added: Made JPEG2000 Video Decoder filter compatible with LAV Splitter Source
- Added the LAV Splitter Source filter to the list of preferred MXF splitters.
- Added: Updated Traditional Chinese translation. Thanks very much to 風逸蘭.
- Fixed: "SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize"
- Fixed: Depth+2D layout menu item is not working properly.
Version 2.1.3 (December 18, 2013)
- Added Virtual DMX Device to test DMX features without actual DMX hardware.
- Added: DMX device configuration takes effect without restarting the player.
- Added features to DMX console:
- Channel grouping and coloring
- Support for 16, 24 and 32 bit channels
- Channel hiding
- Reset channel, group or all channels commands
- Configuration import and export
- Export of state to effect file
- Added new command line parameters:
- pause: Pauses playback
- stop: Stops playback
- fastfwd: Fast forward
- fastbwd: Fast backward
- stepfwd: Next frame
- stepbwd: Previous frame
- nextchap: Next DVD chapter
- prevchap: Previous DVD chapter
- nextitem: Next playlist item
- previtem: Previous playlist item
- nextfile: Next file in folder
- prevfile: Previous file in folder
- Fixed performance issues of DMX console.
Version 2.1.2 (December 5, 2013)
- Added: Updated Simplified Chinese translation. Thanks very much to Anan.
- Added 'VC-1 Video Decoder' and 'HEVC/H.265 Video Decoder' categories to
the preferred filters configuration.
- Changed: Renamed 'MPEG-4 AVC Video Decoder' category to 'MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Video Decoder'. The previous AVC video decoder configuration is lost when upgrading
to this version.
- Changed: Viewing method settings are now stored in the Registry in a clearly
laid out way. Previous viewing method settings are lost when upgrading to this
- Changed: Unified capitalization of Registry values. Registry value names
are case insensitive, thus there are no incompatibilities with previous versions.
Version 2.1.1 (November 4, 2013)
- Fixed: Windows Media streaming deadlocks when the encoder sends a script
command stream (like the Expression Media Encoder).
- Fixed: Customization tool cannot set splash screen fonts.
Version 2.1 (September 3, 2013)
- Added: Compiled the player with the LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag so that it can
use up to 4 GB of memory on 64 bit versions of Windows.
- Fixed: Crash when playing 4K DCPs because the player runs out of memory.
- Fixed: "Do not use DirectX exlusive mode" option did not work in NVIDIA
3D Vision mode.
Version 2.0.9 (August 14, 2013)
- Fixed: No output when leaving fullscreen mode after switching the viewing
method while in fullscreen mode.
Version 2.0.8 (July 25, 2013)
- Added improved error handling for early executing code.
- Fixed crash during startup when using the Windows classic theme instead
- Fixed: Generic single/multi-viewer display properties cannot be set in the
- Fixed: Last DMX state is still sent after disabling DMX output.
Version 2.0.7 (July 11, 2013)
- Added support for multi-stream Matroska files.
- Added support for Realcel multi-viewer displays.
- Added support for Blackmagic Design Decklink 3D capture cards.
- Added the following OLE Automation commands:
- Fixed: Excessive memory allocation.
- Fixed: Images are displayed slightly blurred.
- Fixed: Preferred audio renderer is not stored correctly.
Version 2.0.6 (May 5, 2013)
- Added antialiasing to the image border in Oculus Rift mode.
- Added Playback|Jump Backwards|Last Position command.
- Added support for single-PID MVC MPEG transport streams.
- Added -ir command line parameter to set the input orientation.
- Added the following OLE Automation commands:
- Added DMX device sharing between multiple processes.
- Changed: Updated MPEG splitter.
- Changed: Updated AVC/MVC decoder.
- Fixed Orientation dropdown list in the Video Properties dialog.
- Fixed crash when cancelling renaming of library items.
Version 2.0.5 (April 8, 2013)
- Added new viewing method for the Oculus Rift.
- Added shortcut Ctrl+E for the File|Exit command.
- Fixed: StereoPlayer.exe remains active after the main window closed when
using the -term, -termsc or -termend command line parameters.
- Fixed: Next file is loaded when switching between scaled and unscaled fullscreen
mode using shortcuts.
Version 2.0.4 (March 21, 2013)
- Added support for EUROLITE USB-DMX512-PRO interface.
- Fixed: Alt+F4 hides video instead of closing the player.
Version 2.0.3 (March 7, 2013)
Version 2.0.2 (February 27, 2013)
- Fixed crash on Windows XP.
Version 2.0.1 (February 20, 2013)
- Fixed DPI awareness.
- Fixed minor issues with 'Intel Stereo Driver' viewing method.
Version 2.0 (February 15, 2013)
- Added 'Quad Buffered DirectX' viewing method (requires Windows 8).
- Added 'Intel Stereo Driver' viewing method.
- Added 'Blended' viewing method.
- Added 'Picture inPicture' viewing method.
- Added 'Side by Side for 3D-TVs' viewing method.
- Added 'Over/Under for 3D-TVs' viewing method.
- Changed: Renamed 'AMD Stereo Driver' viewing method to 'AMD HD3D'.
- Fixed AAC 5.1 output via Intel HD Graphics HDMI connections.
- Fixed OpenLeftRightFiles and SetZoom OLE Automation commands.
- Fixed: Shortcuts F4 and F5 used twice.
Version 1.9.9 (January 31, 2013)
- Fixed: JPEG images are always opened with monoscopic layout.
Version 1.9.8 (January 28, 2013)
- Fixed: Mouse cursor does not disappear in fullscreen mode.
Version 1.9.7 (January 25, 2013)
- Added 'VP8 Video Decoder', 'Vorbis Audio Decoder' and 'RealMedia Stream
Splitter' categories to the preferred filters configuration.
- Added the Matroska splitter filter as preferred splitter for WebM files.
- Added jump forward and jump backward commands.
- Added configuration options for jump commands to settings dialog.
- Changed: Updated JPEG2000 decoder.
Version 1.9.6 (December 28, 2012)
- Added support for the MVC codec in the Matroska container.
- Added -calibration command line parameter.
- Fixed ANSI/Unicode detection issue in playlist files.
- Fixed arithmetic overflow error when playing DVDs.
- Fixed wrong aspect ratio when rotating the input.
- Fixed error when displaying library that contains files with long paths.
Version 1.9.5 (November 16, 2012)
- Fixed dialogs when using large fonts (more than 96 dpi).
- Fixed several minor bugs.
Version 1.9.4 (October 29, 2012)
- Added lens calibration wizard for generic multiviewer display viewing method.
- Added support for *.wtv files on Windows 8 (LAV Filters are required).
- Fixed: Re-enabled tiled formats accidentally disabled in version 1.9.0.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
Version 1.9.3 (October 25, 2012)
- Fixed: Changing layout in video properties dialog doesn't work.
- Fixed: Mouse shortly visible in full screen mode although it is disabled.
- Fixed several bugs, including a few RCW errors.
Version 1.9.2 (October 12, 2012)
- Changed: Added ffdshow Video Decoder as preferred decoder for MPEG-2.
- Fixed scripting support.
- Fixed error when opening playlists.
- Fixed crash when opening *.ssif or *.m2ts files.
- Fixed bug in MVC decoder.
Version 1.9.1 (September 22, 2012)
- Added: 'Send report' option in error dialog is preserved.
- Fixed installer error after updating Windows Installer.
- Fixed error message when cancelling UAC dialog.
- Fixed crashes with certain capture devices.
- Fixed crash when opening certain files (RCW error).
- Fixed crash in 'Open Left and Right File' dialog when selecting a very short
Version 1.9 (September 21, 2012)
- Migrated user interface from Delphi to C# programming language.
- Added workaround for Blackmagic-Design Intensity and DeckLink capture cards.
- Added support for ENTTEC DMX USB Pro.
- Added effect events (playing effect files at certain events).
- Added a DMX console (File|DMX Console menu item).
- Added still image export.
- Added error reporting.
- Fixed: ENTTEC Open DMX not working when sending all 512 channels.
- Fixed: Wrong aspect ratio when adjusting parallax or cropping image.
- Fixed: Crash when adjusting parallax or cropping image beyond image size.
Version 1.8.1 (May 5, 2012)
- Fixed issues with -term and -termend command line parameters.
- Fixed crash with interlaced (non-progressive) content when switching to
Version 1.8 (February 28, 2012)
- Fixed crash when playing HD videos.
Version 1.7.9 (January 24, 2012)
- Added hidden OEM image capture feature.
- Added OEM customization feature to display 'Get product key' instead
of 'Buy player'.
Version 1.7.8 (January 5, 2012)
- Added support for 2D+depth input format.
- Added step reduction option for generic multi-viewer display viewing method.
- Fixed sporadic player crashes.
Version 1.7.7 (December 7, 2011)
- Added mark parity for serial effect control.
- Added Get/SetViewingMethod OLE Automation commands.
- Added: Integration with GrassFish Public CMS.
- Added -logdir command line parameter.
- Fixed player crash when switching audio language.
- Fixed: Position of video library is not restored correctly.
- Fixed: Hourglass visible in fullscreen mode while loading file.
- Fixed crash when opening empty playlist.
Version 1.7.6 (October 8, 2011)
- Added support for UDP output of effect control byte streams.
- Fixed issue with H.264 content when switching to fullscreen mode.
- Fixed H.264 DXVA2 issue with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.
Version 1.7.5 (September 9, 2011)
- Added DLP 3D Ready Encoding in the Glasses Control menu for software
pageflipping, side-by-side and over/under viewing methods.
- Added Simplified Chinese translation. Thanks very much to Yingwen Li.
- Fixed: MediaLooks logo appears after a few minutes when playing mov files.
- Fixed issue with Play Folder button.
Version 1.7.4 (August 1, 2011)
- Added automatic deinterlacing option.
- Added support for five tiles multi-view format (also known as Tridelity
5 Tile format).
- Added 256x256 pixel resolution to icon.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Changed: Replaced MXF splitter with MXF source filter.
- Fixed: Improved error message if registration fails because player is not
- Fixed: Workaround for DivX Plus Demux that breaks AVI playback.
Version 1.7.3 (July 20, 2011)
- Added: Improved auto-detection of second file in 'Open Left and Right
File' dialog. The corresponding file is now found in other folders, too.
- Added option to automatically load the next file of the current folder ('Play
Folder' menu item).
- Added tool buttons for 'Repeat' and 'Play Folder' commands.
- Added OLE automation commands to set and get the Play Folder option and
to go to the next or previous chapter or file within the current folder.
- Added seeking forwards/backwards using the Ctrl + Scroll Wheel or Left Button
+ Scroll wheel.
- Added support for HDMV LPCM audio.
- Changed: Renamed 'Next/Previous Image' menu items to 'Next/Previous
- Changed: The 'Next/Previous File' command must be used to go to
next or previous playlist item instead of the Next/Previous Chapter command.
- Changed hotkey of 'Next File' command from space to return key.
- Fixed: Dialogs hidden by startup logo.
- Fixed: Playback not possible without audio device.
Version 1.7.2 (May 17, 2011)
- Added support for interlaced MVC content.
- Added support for MVC content in MP4 containers.
- Fixed issue with Coraline Blu-ray disk.
- Fixed seeking deadlocks with left/right *.m2ts files.
- Fixed exception when calling GetDuration automation command on still files.
- Fixed that player doesn't close file handles of jpg files.
- Fixed long load delay with certain files when ffdshow Video Decoder is used.
- Fixed error after resume from sleep mode.
Version 1.7.1 (May 3, 2011)
- Added 'default' option in full screen monitor menu.
- Fixed crash with certain DCPs.
- Fixed DirectX recreation error after fast user switching.
- Fixed compatibility issue with DivX Demux Filter.
Version 1.7 (March 25, 2011)
- Added error message when opening encrypted Blu-ray files.
- Added option for DMX512 output to send only used channels.
- Fixed issue with H.264 AVIs with resolution greater 1920x1080.
- Fixed issue when opening left/right *.m2ts files from 3D Blu-ray disks.
Version 1.6.9 (March 1, 2011)
- Added Turkish and Swedish translations.
- Added MPEG splitter filter.
- Added MP4 splitter filter.
- Added Matroska splitter filter.
- Added Flash splitter filter.
- Added AVC/MVC video decoder.
- Added audio stream switcher filter.
- Added 'DTS Audio Decoder', 'Matroska Stream Splitter', 'WebM
Stream Splitter', 'MPEG-4 MVC Video Decoder' and 'Audio Processor'
categories to the preferred filters configuration.
- Added groups for preferred filter categories.
- Prevent display power-off in fullscreen mode.
- Added 'Generic Single-Viewer Display' viewing method with optional
- Added codec download dialog.
- Chanced: Start menu and desktop icons do not run Windows Installer anymore.
- Changed: Enabled DXVA2 by default.
- Fixed DXVA2 decoding of MPEG-2 content on NVIDIA hardware.
- Fixed bug in graph building algorithm.
- Fixed crash when closing player.
Version 1.6.8 (December 7, 2010)
- Added 'Generic Multi-Viewer Display' viewing method. It can be customized
to work with arbitrary multiview displays.
- Changed: Re-designed viewing method options in Settings dialog.
Version 1.6.7 (November 24, 2010)
- Added option for DXVA2 decoding (disabled by default)
- Added NVIDIA 3D Vision windowed mode (requires 265.76 or later driver).
- Added: Made Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder the preferred H.264/AVC decoder.
- Added audio format details in filter list of Video Properties dialog.
- Fixed: Blocked further commands in kiosk mode.
- Fixed: Player enters stop state after pausing a still image of playlist.
- Fixed: Slideshow interval is ignored for still images of a playlist
without explicitely specified duration.
Version 1.6.6 (November 2, 2010)
- Fixed low quality scaling of multiview viewing methods.
- Removed blue line code glasses control method.
Version 1.6.5 (October 20, 2010)
- Added support for Tridelity multiview displays.
- Added AMD Stereo Driver viewing method.
- Added Greek translation. Thanks very much to John Scrept.
- Added -fsu (fullscreen mode unscaled) command line parameter.
- Changed: Metadata file has higher priority than embedded metadata.
- Fixed: Blocked further commands in kiosk mode.
- Fixed: Issues with DCPs created with OpenCinemaTools.
Version 1.6.4 (August 9, 2010)
- Added 'Center views' option that centers left and right views separately
instead of centering them together. This option should be checked when outputting
to a 3DTV. It is enabled by default.
- Added configuration options for Digital Cinema Packages. Decoding at lower
resolution can be enforced if the CPU is not fast enough for full resolution
- Added hidden feature 'mono mode' (press Ctrl+Alt+M). It displays
the left view on both eyes, but still using the selected viewing method.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Fixed DPI awareness on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Version 1.6.2 (June 24, 2010)
- Added the -di command line parameter to specifiy deinterlacing.
- Added Finnish translation. Thanks very much to Tapio Hellman.
- Changed: Migrated DirectShow filters to Visual Studio 2010.
- Fixed deadlock when switching to fullscreen mode. The problem occured only
with some files, for example AVI files when using the ffdshow decoder.
- Fixed crash when using the -termkey or -termsc command line parameters.
- Fixed issue with new drivers of Blackmagic Intensity card.
- Fixed language ID of Portuguese translation.
Version 1.6.1 (April 29, 2010)
- Fixed incompatibility with certain DCP MXF files.
- Fixed inability to display certain still files in quad-buffered OpenGL mode.
Version 1.6 (April 22, 2010)
- Added frame-sequential input layout.
- Added support for MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages.
- Added JPEG2000 video decoder.
- Added timing correction for field-sequential content. The new timing option
compensates the sync offset of 1/50 or 1/60 second between the left and right
field by doubling the frame rate and delaying one eye by one frame.
- Fixed: Faster audio language switching for Windows Media files.
- Fixed: Player does not remember aspect ratio of separate left/right files.
Version 1.5.7 (March 19, 2010)
- Added m2ts file extension in open dialog.
- Added support for horizontal span mode covering three screens (e.g. for
- Changed: Updated MXF splitter filter.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Changed NVIDIA 3D Vision implementation, now supports unscaled fullscreen
mode (requires NVIDIA 191.07 drivers or later).
- Changed: Migrated DirectShow filters to Unicode.
- Fixed broken playlist playback in NVIDIA 3D Vision mode with 196.21 drivers.
- Fixed access violation (unaligned memory access).
Version 1.5.6 (February 4, 2010)
- Added OpenDevice OLE automation command.
- Added support for command files.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Fixed the layout selection when opening multiple files as playlist (now
the format dialog is shown).
- Fixed crash when leaving exclusive fullscreen mode.
Version 1.5.5 (January 26, 2010)
- Added QuickTime source DirectShow filter.
- Added MXF splitter DirectShow filter.
- Added QuickTime Stream Splitter, Flash Stream Splitter,
MXF Stream Splitter and MJPEG2000 Video Decoder categories
to the preferred filters configuration.
- Added JPS descriptor support. The player does not ask the user to select
the stereoscopic format for JPS files anymore.
- Added support ARGB input format in the Stereo Transformation filter.
- Fixed crash when leaving dual screen fullscreen mode.
- Fixed invalid library items when opening movies failed.
Version 1.5.4 (January 6, 2010)
- Added synchronized command execution to effect control.
- Added GPU-based YUV to RGB conversion in OpenGL mode.
- Added: Improved performance and image quality in OpenGL mode.
- Changed: Merged DirectX and OpenGL Stereo Renderer filters.
- Fixed access violation when opening a DVD the first time.
Version 1.5.3 (December 14, 2009)
- Added support for new iZ3D glasses.
- Added support for separate left/right still image files.
- Added kiosk mode.
- Added option to set slideshow interval.
- Added trace to error log files.
- Added GetZoom and SetZoom OLE Automation commands.
- Added MJPEG Decompressor as default MJPEG video decoder.
- Changed settings dialog.
- Changed behavior of 'full screen unscaled' command: now sets zoom
- Changed: Moved anaglyph and iZ3D viewing methods to submenus.
- Fixed crashes when viewing stills on graphics cards with small memory.
- Fixed wrong colored pixels on the border of the screen.
Version 1.5.2 (October 29, 2009)
- Added support for still image files (mpo, jpg, tif, gif, png, bmp).
- Added folder browsing (next image/previous image commands) for stills.
- Added folder playback (plays all stills in a folder).
- Added prefetching for folder browsing.
- Added reading parallax from MPO files.
- Added support for still images in playlists.
- Added Shift+A..Z hotkeys to directly jump to playlist items beyond 35.
- Added call stack to error log file.
- Added low resolution rendering if image resolution exceeds maximum texture
- Fixed incompatibilities of HDV capture devices
with certain MPEG-2 decoders.
- Fixed deadlock when switching to fullscreen mode while paused.
Version 1.5 (October 1, 2009)
- Added DXVA2 support in the Stereo Transformation Filter (but not enabled
in the player yet).
- Added NV12 input format in the Stereo Transformation Filter.
- Added 'Video Processor' category to preferred filter configuration.
- Added optimized anaglyph output for yellow-blue and green-magenta glasses.
- Added gray, half-color and color anaglyph output for green-magenta glasses.
- Changed synchronization strategy for left/right files (now using timestamps).
- Changed: 'NVIDIA Stereo Driver' renamed to 'NVIDIA 3D Vision'.
- Fixed crash with Windows Media Files on Windows 7.
- Fixed several issues with left/right files.
- Fixed low contrast issue with decoders that output YUY2 or UYVY format.
- Fixed command line parameters when opening second player instance.
Version 1.4.8 (August 6, 2009)
- Fixed assert that prevented startup of the player on some systems.
Version 1.4.7 (July 22, 2009)
- Added iZ3D viewing method.
- Added serial and DMX512 effect output for 4D and 5D cinema installations.
- Added fast decoding mode for Sensio format on slow hardware.
- Added support for multi-stream AVI files.
- Added decoder selection for MJPEG format.
- Added vertical synchronization (vsync) in OpenGL mode.
- Changed quality statistics dialog.
- Changed: No audio renderer is enforced in the preferred filters list.
- Fixed relative paths in playlists.
- Fixed layout detection from file suffix in playlists.
Version 1.4.6 (May 13, 2009)
- Added "Multi-View (Tiled)" input layout.
- Added support for MainConcept Network Source (for RTP streaming).
- Added support for 180° rotation of input sources.
- Added button in video properties dialog to copy filter list to clipboard.
- Resized settings dialog for easier translations.
- Migrated source code to Delphi 2009
- Full Unicode support
- Fixed: Stereo Transformation Filter property page forgets values when switching
- Fixed: URLs in playlists do not work.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
Version 1.4.3 (March 12, 2009)
- Fixed playlist crash in dual screen mode.
- Fixed image corruption when rotation is used.
- Added layout detection from file name suffix (compatible with TriDef).
- Changed default aspect ratio (to default instead of 4:3).
- Optimized DirectShow graph building.
Version 1.4.2 (February 12, 2009)
- Fixed wrong aspect ratio with certain DVD video decoders.
- Fixed wrong subpicture rendering with Microsoft MPEG-2 decoder.
- Fixed splash screen hiding format dialog.
- Fixed quad-buffered OpenGL deadlock under Windows Vista
- Changed metadata server address to http://www.3dtv.at/sviupdates.
Version 1.4.1 (January 19, 2009)
- Faster viewing method switching.
- Faster switching to exclusive full screen mode.
- Faster parallax adjustment.
- Added Sensio input format.
- Added default aspect ratio in format selection dialog.
- Fixed deadlock that occurred with certain video decoders when seeking or
- Fixed corrupted image when using the cropping and flipping features at the
- Enhanced software pageflipping mode. Detection of dropped frames and resyncing
on Windows Vista with WDDM display drivers (not old XP drivers); color line
codes to turn on and off shutterglasses (eDimensional, X3D and compatible glasses);
blue line code support.
- Support for Vuzix VR920 glasses in software pageflipping mode. The VR920
driver is detected automatically. Pressing the Ctrl key and using the mouse
wheel allows you to zoom in our out the image and look around using the head
tracking system. The hidden shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F turns off filtering for the
head tracking values.
- Icons for video library items without preview image.
- Removed categories in video library.
- Removed the rarely used File|Separation menu. Setting the separation is
still possible in the File|Video Properties dialog, but the File|Parallax menu
provides equivalent functionality as well.
- Support for NVIDIA metadata (for single stream formats only).
- Option to allow only a single player instance (enabled by default).
Version 1.3.4 (April 20, 2008)
- Fixed crash on multi-core systems when playing high definition files.
- Fixed crash in the Stereo Transformation Filter property page.
- Fixed repaint issue with Enhanced Video Renderer.
- Improved redraw behavior for stills in OpenGL- and DirectX-based viewing
Version 1.3.3 (April 12, 2008)
- Customization of icon and video window background.
- Primary display is selected as default full screen monitor.
- Fixed 'invalid floating point operation' error when closing videos.
- Fixed: Command line parameters are ignored when opening separate left and
Version 1.3.2 (January 14, 2008)
- Windows 2000 compatibility improvements.
Version 1.3.1 (December 16, 2007)
- Fixed crash when opening files whose width is not a multiple of 32 pixels.
Version 1.3 (December 16, 2007)
- New viewing method:
Tridelity SL Series 3D Display.
- Full compliance with Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC).
- Font sizes larger than 120 dpi are supported under Windows Vista.
- Faster horizontal flipping.
- Fixed DirectX error on older graphics hardware.
- Video library is stored in the user's application data directory.
- Migrated source code to Visual Studio 2008 and Delphi 2007.
- Improvements in the Stereo Windows Media Source DirectShow filter.
- New categories for preferred filters: MPEG-4 Stream Splitter and MPEG-4
AVC Video Decoder
- The default zoom after opening a video is adjusted so that the player window
fits on the screen (not 100% anymore).
- Fixed '3D Enabled DLP-TV' viewing method (reversed stereo when moving
- Support for Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder. It is now the recommended DVD
video decoder under Windows Vista.
- Fix for Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder. Subpictures are renderer and the 'ActiveMovie'
window does not pop up anymore.
- An error message is shown when the DVD decoder does not support copy-protected
disks. In previous versions, playback silently failed.
- Deinterlacing support (drop-field deinterlacing). The internal deinterlacing
is not used if a compatible video decoder is detected. In this case, deinterlacing
is automatically enabled in the decoder and the internal deinterlacing is disabled.
- Improved dual screen output viewing method: If certain requirements are
fulfilled, DirectX exclusive mode rendering is used instead of two separate
renderers. This guarantees that left and right view never run out of sync, avoids
tearing under Windows XP and improves performance. The requirements are: (1)
Both screen must belong to the same graphics card, (2) exactly two outputs of
the card must be enabled (not three), (3) the resolution and refresh rate must
be identical, (4) DirectX exclusive mode must not be disabled in the settings
Version 1.2.1 (September 3, 2007)
- New option 'Display mouse in full screen mode'. Deselecting this
option prevents that the mouse is ever shown while in full screen mode, which
is useful for presentations.
- The option 'Prefer speed over quality' has been removed.
- Fixed DVD playback in Windows Vista.
- Fixed 'Sharp 3D Display' viewing method.
- New option 'Open Video in Full Screen Mode' for the double-click
action in the video library.
- Improved support for the Windows Media Center infrared remote control: The
teletext button activated the library. The 'previous track' and 'next
track' buttons allow to set the focus to the category list or the video
list. The 'OK' button causes the same behavior as double-clicking the
video (use it with the new 'Open Video in Full Screen Mode' option to
launch videos without using the keyboard or mouse).
Version 1.2 (August 11, 2007)
- New '3D Enabled DLP-TV' viewing methods for
- The new parameters 'manual' in playlist file to prevent that the
video starts playing automatically. 'manualblack' additionally prevents
that the first frame is shown until the user manually starts the playback (the
video window stays black).
- When pressing a numbers key, the player jumps to the selected item of a
playlist or the selected chapter in DVD mode.
- New customization features: It is now possible to select the color of splash
screen texts and the player can be restricted to certain displays identified
by EDID data. Finally, the licensee of an OEM edition can be specified.
- New command line parameter -termendonly. It terminates the player when the
end of the file has been reached, but not when leaving full screen mode (as
- Double buffering reduces jitter on multi core CPUs.
- Support for HDV camcorders in live mode (a suitable MPEG-2 decoder is available
Version 1.1 (April 21, 2007)
- Support for separate left/right files in playlists
- Stereoscopic Player saves settings for capture devices
- New capture device list in video library
- Windows XP style icons in video library
- Small improvements to the main window design (less borders when Windows
theming is enabled)
- Separate option for files and DVDs to enable automatic downloading of metadata
from a server when opening an unknown file or DVD. Up to now, there was only
one option affecting both files and DVDs.
- For files, automatic downloading of metadata from a server is disabled by
default. For DVDs, it is enabled.
- Fixed File->Reset Parallax command. A random parallax value was set in
- Fixed default layout: Stereoscopic Player stores the selected layout in
the 'Stereoscopic Input Format' dialog and uses it as the default layout
for the next file with unknown layout. In previous versions, only the layout
selected in the File->Layout menu was stored.
- Fixed seeking in OpenGL mode, the image is immediately updated now.
- Fixed step forward error which occurred with certain viewing methods.
- Hidden feature: The OpenGL renderer can superimpose a bitmap.
Version 1.0.2 (February 24, 2007)
- Fixed jerky playback in live mode. If the graph contains an audio part,
the Smart Tee DirectShow filter will be added to the graph now.
- The audio stream of DV camcorders is rendered.
- New methods SetParallax, SetParallaxHorizontal and SetParallaxVertical for
- Support for site licenses
Version 1.0.1 (January 12, 2007)
- Fixed crash under Windows Vista
- Fixed issue with swap left/right option (swapping was not applied when opening
another video, although the button was still pressed)
- Fixed negative file sizes in video library
- Fixed logo display duration (can be changed with customization tool now)
Version 1.0 (October 1, 2006)
- OLE Automation
- Optional playback synchronization with video clock instead of audio clock
- Fixed memory leak in Windows Media source filter
- Fixed broken streaming of Windows Media dual stream content
- Support for non-zero default parallax in Windows Media files
- Updated Italian localization (thanks to Raffaello Galli)
Version 0.9.9 (May 27, 2006)
- Support for multimedia keyboards
- Support for Media Center IR remote control
- Fixed -il (input layout) command line parameter
- Improved support for Stereoscopic Multiplexer 0.5
- New -left, -right, -termkey, -termend and -drv command line parameters
- Fixed bug in SSE2 path of optimized anaglyph algorithm (red too dark)
- Digital Rights Management support for side-by-side and over/under format
- Main window is not visible anymore before switching to full screen mode
when using the -fss command line parameter.
Version 0.9.8 (March 10, 2006)
- Support for dual stream Windows Media files
- Digital Rights Management for dual stream Windows Media files
- Improved track bar behaviors in DVD mode
- Support for uncompressed left/right files
- New shortcut Ctrl+R to reset parallax
- New option to disable hardware YUV to RGB conversion
- New option to disable multiprocessor optimization
- Rewritten NVIDIA Stereo Driver viewing method. The new implementation is
more efficient, but requires DirectX 9 and stereo driver version 71.84 or higher.
If an older driver is installed, the old implementation is used.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Cyberlink PowerDVD 3.5 decoder
- Fixed step backward issue with Windows Media files
- Fixed missing audio issue when switching from full screen to windowed mode
- New Slovenian and Serbian localization (thanks to Samuel Mircetic Piña)
- Updated Spanish translation (thanks to Ignacio Aldazabal and Samuel Mircetic
Version 0.9.7 (January 21, 2006)
- Updated video library
- Updated Dutch translation (thanks to Peter Jacobs)
- New Chinese (Taiwan) translation (thanks to Tu Wells)
- New metadata fields 'author' and 'copyright'.
- New command line parameter -termsc to terminate player on click while in
full screen mode
- Library integration of separate left/right files
- Stereoscopic metafile integration of separate left/right files
- Fixed 'Invalid stereo layout' bug
- Fixed OpenGL bug (sometimes garbage appeared in bottom of the screen)
- Fixed issue with separate left/right sources (under certain circumstances,
both audio tracks were rendered)
- Recent files list includes metafiles and playlists
- Several internal changes and bugfixes
Version 0.9.6 (December 18, 2005)
- Fixed deadlocks on triple screen systems
- Fixed errors when loading files while in full screen mode
- Fixed play list problems with DirectX Stereo Renderer-based viewing methods
- Fixed error when no audio hardware is available
- Fixed restoration of last main window position
- Fixed mouse navigation in DVD menus
- Fixed startup error on non-admin user accounts
- New 'About' dialog
Version 0.9.5 (October 10, 2005)
- New source format: separate left and right files
- New viewing method: software pageflipping
- Optimizations for dual core CPUs
- Fixed Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder PAL mode compatibility problem
- Automatic setting of aspect ratio in DVD mode
- Fixed several bugs in DirectX Stereo Renderer which caused deadlocks when
switching to fullscreen mode. Also fixed bug when adjusting parallax in DirectX
Stereo Renderer fullscreen mode (previously, the player quit fullscreen playback).
- Fixed crash when minimizing DirectX Stereo Renderer in GraphEdit
- Support for Stereoscopic Player Customization Tool
- New hidden feature: quality statistics (press Ctrl+Alt+Q)
Version 0.9.4 (August 26, 2005)
- Playback duration of unregistered version limited to 5 minutes
- Multichannel decoding of Windows Media Audio Professional
- New spash screen
- New icon
- Some other minor improvements
Version 0.9.3 (May 5, 2005)
- Fixed broken OpenGL viewing method
- Display of progress when loading playlists
- Updated Dutch translation (thanks to Peter Jacobs)
Version 0.9.2 (April 23, 2005)
- New SIS input layout. Please consult the homepage of Stereoscopic Image
Systems Limited (http://www.sis3d.co.uk)
for more information on the SIS format.
- Input format selection dialog. It appears whenever Stereoscopic Player fails
to determine the input format either from an update server or a stereoscopic
- Support for rotated input formats. Rotation can be applied to any supported
input format, independently for left and right image, allowing all variations
of rotated formats.
- New viewing methods for Sharp 3D LCD displays and SIS attachments.
- All interlaced viewing methods now use DirectX acceleration. Interlaced
pattern creation is completely done on the GPU, dramatically improving performance
compared to previous versions. DirectX exclusive mode is used when switching
to fullscreen mode. If a NVIDIA stereo driver prior to version 71.84 is installed,
it must be disabled in its configuration dialog before using these methods.
Else, it would try to convert the 'scene' to 3D, resulting in unexpected
behavior and refresh rates.
- Automatic DVD decoder configuration: Stereoscopic Player now turns on deinterlacing
when necessary. An 'interlaced' option has been added to the video properties
dialog. Currently, the Moonlight Elecard and the GPL MPEG-1/2 Decoder are configured
automatically. Support for other decoders will be added when the manufacturers
reveal their proprietary configuration interfaces.
- The NVIDIA stereo driver and quad-buffered OpenGL viewing methods have been
partially rewritten to improve stability.
- New command to toggle left/right.
- New file menu item to close the current video.
- Lots of bugfixes, among them a deadlock problem in dual screen mode and
issues with Asian language support.
- New Brazilian Portuguese translation. Thanks very much to Marco Lopes.
- Enhanced Japanese translation. Thanks very much to Masuji Suto.
Version 0.9.1 (December 27, 2004)
- Many people asked for this feature, now it is available: Horizontal and
vertical parallax adjustments! In addition, it is possible to crop the output
image. Cropping can be specified on the 'Advanced'-tab of the video
properties dialog, whereas parallax adjustment can be done in the file menu,
too, or using the arrow keys while pressing the shift button.
- New menu items were added to allow horizontal and vertical flipping, for
left and right image separately. Rotating the image by 180° is possible by activating
both horizontal and vertical flipping.
- New menu items, including shortcuts, were added to select the preferred
monoscopic and stereoscopic viewing method. There were already buttons to do
this in previous version, but now you can do the same in the menu.
- Improved DVD support: New menu items to select audio language, subtitle
language and to jump to a certain title or chapter.
- New Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Hungarian translation. Thanks
very much to Ignacio Aldazabal, Daniele Pagliani, Masuji Suto, Andrzej Waluk
and Dr. Imre Zsolnai-Nagy. The localization code has been improved: Stereoscopic
Player resizes controls automatically, so it is no longer necessary to modify
dialogs manually. Creating a new localization is as easy as translating all
string of text file now. By the way, a few important languages are still missing:
I'm seeking for people who do the Portuguese and Chinese localization but
any other languages are welcome as well.
- SSE2 optimizations of OpenGL and optimized anaglyph viewing method. On SSE2-enabled
processors, the processing algorithms runs more than twice as fast.
- There was a memory leak in previous versions which allocated a few kB per
second. We tracked it down and fixed it in this version, so that the player
is more stable during long stereo viewing sessions.
- Parts of the Stereo Transformation Filter have been rewritten. The code
is cleaner now and has been prepared to easily integrate new features.
- The property page of the Stereo Transformation Filter has been split to
three separate pages and has been extended to support all new features.
Version 0.9 (September 4, 2004)
- English, German, French, Dutch and Russian translations. Each translation
is stored in a separate language file (plain Unicode text files), so you can
easily create a translation file for missing languages.
- Preferred DirectShow splitter (MPEG, AVI) and decoder filters (MPEG-1/2,
DivX, Xvid, Dolby Digital) can be selected. In addition, the audio output device
can be chosen in case your computer has more than one built in audio output
device (e.g. notebook with internal and external soundcard).
- New graph-building algorithm makes the player more robust against faulty
third-party filters. Previously, decoders with highest priority ("merit")
have been chosen. Now, the preferred filters are used and no unnecessary DirectShow
transform filters will be inserted in the playback graph anymore.
- New retinal rivalry-free optimized anaglyph method. It provides bright,
pleasingly images. This outstanding optimized anaglyph method is now the player's
default viewing method.
- New full screen mode covering both screens of NVIDIA's horizontal span
mode. The side-by-side output, spanning over two screens, could not be used
in full screen mode in previous versions. In version 0.9, you can select "Monitor
1 and 2" in the full screen monitor menu. However, it works only when the
dual screen configuration is handled by the horizontal span mode of NVIDIA's
Please note that using the dual screen output method, quad
buffered OpenGL method or NVIDIA stereo driver output method is still preferred
over the new side-by-side method!
- Virtual monitor concept: You can specify any region of you desktop as virtual
full screen monitor. This allows to output stereoscopic video at a fixed position
of the screen, which is useful to integrate video in stereoscopic multimedia
applications. Please contact me to get more details on how to create a virtual
- Serial remote control: See
for more details on the protocol. A remote control application is available,
which allows to control Stereoscopic Player from another PC connected by a null
- Design improvements: A new icon, following the Windows XP icon guidelines
has been created. In addition a splash screen is shown during startup, informing
about the player's version and license type.
- Of course I also did a lots of minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 0.8.5 (June, 20, 2004)
- OpenGL output did not work in 0.8.4 - fixed
- Other minor bug fixes
Version 0.8.4 (May, 29, 2004)
- Playlist support
- Drag & drop to open files
- *.svi and *.spp extensions linked with Stereoscopic Player
- Fixed wrong color bug when using side-by-side layout and separation
- Pin information in video properties dialog
- Bug fixes
Version 0.8.2 (March, 8, 2004)
- Fixed bugs interlaced bug (image was upside down in RGB mode)
Version 0.8.1 (March 7, 2004)
- Row and column interlaced viewing methods
- Fixed bug with Moonlight-Elecard decoder 2.2
- Renamed command line parameters to InterlacedRF and InterlacedLF
- Fixed 'Could not connect Stereo Transformation Filter output pin'
- Many small changes I can't remember anymore
Version 0.7.5 (January 10, 2004)
- Fixed problems when DivXG400 or Subtitle Mixer filter was installed on the
system. Both filters will be removed from the graph.
- Fixed thread errors on Win9x systems.
- Support for GPL MPEG-1/2 Decoder. Hence, this is the recommended decoder
for MPEG-2 and DVD playback. However, it cannot decode CSS-encrypted discs for
- Upgraded from Visual Studio 6.0 to Visual Studio .NET 2003. All DirectShow
filters are compiled with the new version now.
- Removed debug filters from setup package.
Version 0.7 (December 5, 2003)
- NVIDIA Stereo Driver viewing method
- New command line parameters to force
immediate playback and enable full screen mode (scaled).
- As usual: minor bug fixes
Version 0.6.5 (November 19, 2003)
- Live video viewing using capture device, including DV device control
- Command line parameters
- New items in File-menu to import, export and update library items
- More precise separation settings
- Library remembers last view style and category.
- Corrected bug that occurred with certain codecs (e.g. On2 Technologies VP6)
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Version 0.6.1 (October 18, 2003)
- Files with unknown duration can be opened now.
- Improved error handling
- Improved Windows Media streaming support
Version 0.6 (September 2, 2003)
- Dual screen viewing method
- StereoBright™ viewing method
- OpenGL viewing method (quad buffered OpenGL)
- Separation for side by side layout and viewing method
- Library backup function
- Internet library update service
- Stereoscopic information file support
- Stereo Transformation Filter supports UYVY input
- Filters directory for 3rd party DirectShow filters
- Disabled screensaver during full screen playback
- Hidden mouse during full screen playback
- Improved DVD decoder compatibility
- DVD menu navigation using cursor and return keys
- Improved anaglyph performance in RGB mode
- Faster switching between different layout and viewing methods
- Drag & drop to move clips and categories in video library
- Corrected bug, which prevented playback of some MPEG files.
- Bug fixes
A new method to identify DVDs was introduced in the video library. Therefore,
you have to recreate all DVD items in the library. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience
but it was necessary due to a bug in the old implementation. For some DVDs, the
new Internet library update function can provide the information so that you need
not enter it yourself.
- Debug mode
- Remote graph connection (in debug mode only)
- Corrected bugs concerning URLs in video library
Version 0.5 (May 17, 2003)
Added the following viewing methods:
- Gray Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Half Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Half Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
Other improvements and fixes:
- Improved error handling
- Corrected YUV-RGB conversion
- Corrected hotspot positions of DVD menus
- Step Forward and new Step Backward commands accessible with
- Possibility to open URLs
- Repeat and Keep Aspect Ratio settings will be remembered
- New option for turning off automatic playback when opening a file
- Some minor bug fixes
Version 0.4 (May 3, 2003)
- First version available to the public.